- King T, Milner A, Aitken Z, Karahalios A, Emerson E & Kavanagh A. Mental health of adolescents: variations by borderline intellectual functioning and disability. Euro Child & Adoles Psychiatry, 2019: 13 Feb, 1-10.
- Mcallister A. Mental illnesses are not an ‘ideal type’ of disability for disability income support: Perceptions of policymakers in Australia and Canada. Scand J Public Health 2019 Jan 11.
- Aitken Z, Baker E, Badland H, Mason K, Bentley R, Beer A & Kavanagh A. Precariously placed: Housing affordability, quality and satisfaction of Australians with disabilities. Disability & Society, 2018 22 Dec.
- Craven L, Dickinson H, Carey G (Eds). Boundary Crossing in Policy and Public Management: Tackling the Critical Challenges. 2018, Routledge.
- Dickinson H, Smith C, Carey N & Carey G. (2018) Robots and the delivery of care services: What is the role for government in stewarding disruptive innovation? Melbourne: ANZSOG.
- Milner A, Taouk Y, Disney G, Aitken Z, Rachele J & Kavanagh A. Employment predictors of exit from work among workers with disabilities: A survival analysis from the household income labour dynamics in Australia survey. Plos One, 2018 7 Dec.
- Milner A, Bollier AM, Emerson E & Kavanagh A. The relationship between disability and suicide: prospective evidence from the Ten to Men cohort. Journal of Public Health, 2018:197, 2018 5 Nov
- Malbon E, Alexander D, Carey G, Reeders D, Green C, Dickinson H & Kavanagh A. Adapting to a marketized system: Network analysis of a personalisation scheme in early implementation. Health Soc Care Community. 2018 27 August (Epub):
- A, E, AM &
- Kavanagh AM, Priest N, Emerson E, Milner A & King T. Gender, parental education and experiences of bullying victimization by Australian adolescents with and without a disability. Child Care Health Dev. 2018; 1-10. 10.1111/cch.12545
- Aitken Z, Simpson J, Gurrin L, Bentley R & Kavanagh AM. Do material, psychosocial and behavioural factors mediate the relationship between disability acquisition and mental health? A sequential causal mediation analysis. Int Journal of Epidemiology, 29 January 2018. 10.1093/ije/dyx277
- Reavley NJ, Milner A, Martin A, Too, LS, Papas A, Witt K, Keegel T, LaMontagne AD (2018). Depression literacy and help-seeking in Australian police. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry. 10.1177/0004867417753550
- Milner A, Witt K, LaMontagne AD, Niedhammer I. Authors’ reply: ‘Response to: ‘Psychosocial job stressors and suicidality: a meta-analysis and systematic review’ by Milner et al’. Occup Environ Med. 2018 Jan 27. pii: oemed-2018-104997. 10.1136/oemed-2018-104997
- Milner A, Law P, Witt K, LaMontagne AD, Mann C. A smart-phone intervention to address mental health stigma in the construction industry: a two-arm randomised controlled trial. Social Science and Medicine – Population Health 2018, 4, 164-68.10.1016/j.ssmph.2017.12.007
- Niedhammer I, Milner A, Witt K, Klingelschmidt J, Khireddine-Medouni I, Alexopoulos EC, Toivanen S, Chastang JF, LaMontagne AD (2018). Response to letter to the editor from Dr Rahman Shiri: The challenging topic of suicide across occupational groups. Scand J Work Environ Health 2018, 44(1):108–110. 10.5271/sjweh.3698
- Krnjacki L, Priest N, Aitken Z, Emerson E, Llewellyn G, King T & Kavanagh A. Disability-based discrimination and health: findings from an Australian-based population study. Aust NZ J Public Health. 22 November 2017. 10.1111/1753-6405.12735
- Milner A, King TL, LaMontagne AD, Aitken Z, Petrie D & Kavanagh A. Underemployment and its impacts on mental health among those with disabilities: evidence from the HILDA cohort. J Epidemiol Community Health 2017; 71:1198-1202. 10.1136/jech-2017-209800
- Aitken Z, Krnjacki L, Kavanagh AM, LaMontagne AM & Milner A. Does social support modify the effect of disability acquisition on mental health? A longitudinal study of Australian adults. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 2017; 52 (10): 1247. 10.1007/s00127-017-1418-5
- Aitken Z, Simpson J, Bentley R & Kavanagh AM. Disability acquisition and mental health: effect modification by demographic and socioeconomic characteristics using data from an Australian longitudinal study. BMJ Open, 2017; 7 (9). 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-016953
- Clifton S, Llewellyn G & Shakespeare T. Quadriplegia, virtue theory and flourishing: a qualitative study drawing on self-narratives. Disability and Society, 28 September 2017. 10.1080/09687599.2017.1379951
- Hindmarsh, G, Llewellyn, G & Emerson, E. The social-emotional well-being of children of mothers with intellectual impairment: A population-based analysis. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 23 November 2016. 10.1111/jar.12306
- Carey G, Malbon E, Reeders D, Kavanagh A & Llewellyn G. Redressing or entrenching social and health inequities through policy implementation? Examining personalised budgets through the Australian National Disability Insurance Scheme. International Journal for Equity in Health 2017; 16:192. 10.1186/s12939-017-0682-z
- Dickinson H. Individualised funding systems: What works? Evidence Base, October 2017: (3) 1-18. 10.21307/eb-2017-003
- Carey G, Malbon E & Dickinson H. The vexed question of market stewardship in the public sector: examining equity and the social contract through the Australian National Disability Insurance Scheme. Social Policy and Administration: an International Journal of Policy and Research, 2017.
- Dickinson H & Carey G. Managing care integration during the implementation of large-scale reforms: The case of the Australian National Disability Insurance Scheme. Journal of Integrated Care, 25(1), 2017 10.1108/JICA-07-2016-0026
- Malbon E, Carey G & Dickinson H. Accountability in public service quasi-markets: The case of the Australian National Disability Insurance Scheme. Australian Journal of Public Administration, March 2017. 10.1111/1467-8500.12246
- Man W, Wade C & Llewellyn G. Prevalence of parents with intellectual disability in Australia. Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disability, 2017; 42(2), 173-179.
- Patton K, Ware R, McPherson L, Emerson E & Lennox N. Parent-Related Stress of Male and Female Carers of Adolescents with Intellectual Disabilities and Carers of Children within the General Population: A Cross-Sectional Comparison. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 4 October 2016 10.1111/jar.12292
- Emerson E, Krnjacki L, Llewellyn G, Vaughan C & Kavanagh A. Perceptions of safety and exposure to violence in public places among working age adults with disabilities or long-term health conditions in the UK: cross sectional study. Public Health, 135, 2016; pp. 91-96.
- Gilroy J & Emerson E. Australian indigenous children with low cognitive ability: Family and cultural participation. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 56, 2016; 117-127.
- Hahn JE, Gray J, McCallion P, Ronneberg C, Stancliffe RJ, Heller T, Guiden CH, Fox S & Janicki MP. (2016). Transitions in aging: Health, retirement, and later life: Review of research, practice, and policy. In Critical issues in intellectual and developmental disabilities: Contemporary research, practice, and policy (pp. 149-174). Washington, DC: American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
- Hindmarsh G, Emerson E & Llewellyn G. Children of mothers with intellectual disabilities and their peers: Social and emotional well-being. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 60(7-8), 2016; 683-683.
- Kavanagh AM, Aitken Z, Baker E, LaMontagne AD, Milner A & Bentley R. Housing tenure and affordability and mental health following disability acquisition in adulthood. Social Science & Medicine, 151, 2016; pp. 225-232. 2016 Feb;151:225-32. 10.1016/j.socscimed.2016.01.010
- Kavanagh AM, Aitken Z, Emerson E, Sahabandu S, Milner A, Bentley R, LaMontagne A, Pirkis J & Studdert, D. Inequalities in socio-economic characteristics and health and wellbeing of men with and without disabilities: a cross-sectional analysis of the baseline wave of the Australian Longitudinal Study on Male Health. BMC Public Health 2016, 16 (Suppl 3):1042. doi: 10.1186/s12889-016-3700-y
- Krnjacki L, Emerson E, Llewellyn G & Kavanagh A. Prevalence and risk of violence against people with and without disabilities in Australia: findings from an Australian population-based study. Aust NZ J Public Health. 2016; 40(1):16-21. 10.1111/1753-6405.12498
- Llewellyn G, Vaughan C & Emerson E. Discrimination and the health of people with intellectual disabilities. In Hatton C & Emerson E. (eds) Health Disparities and People with Intellectual Disabilities. International Review of Research in Developmental Disabilities, Vol 48, pp. 43-72. New York: Elsevier.
- Stancliffe RJ, Arnold SRC & Riches VC (2016). The supports paradigm. In R. L. Schalock & K. D. Keith (Eds.), Cross-cultural quality of life: Enhancing the lives of persons with intellectual disability (2nd ed.) (pp. 133-142). Washington DC: American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
- Williams I & Dickinson H. Going It Alone or Playing to the Crowd? A Critique of Individual Budgets and the Personalisation of Health Care in the English National Health Service, Australian Journal of Public Administration, Vol. 75, 2016; pp. 149 – 158. 10.1111/1467-8500.12155