Learn directly from the researchers themselves about latest findings in disability research in Australia by subscribing to our newsletter.
We host regular presentations in our regular CRE-DH Speaker Series.
Below is our list of current research projects:
- Improving Disability Employment Study (IDES)
IDES is a longitudinal study considering how people with disability access and sustain long-term employment. The project investigates the financial and health impacts of different employment outcomes on people with disabilities.
- YES: Youth Employment Study
This research builds on the Improving Disability Employment Study (IDES) which is currently underway with a specific focus on young people and intervening early to enable them to transition into meaningful and sustainable work.
- Victorian State Disability Plan
Our team was awarded the tender to develop measurable indicators for the Outcomes Framework of the Victorian State Disability Plan: Absolutely everyone 2017-2020.
- Stewarding Thin Markets: Improving NDIS Market Effectiveness
Partnering with the Department of Social Services and with National Disability Services, the project aims to better understand market stewardship in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Discrimination and bullying against Australians with disability
What is the extent of bullying and discrimination experienced by Australians with disability, and what is the impact on their social and economic participation, as well as their health and wellbeing?
- Discriminatory acts towards young Australian adults with disabilities in public places
We investigate interpersonal discrimination young people (15 -29 years) with disabilities experience in public and the impact of this discrimination on their social, economic, cultural and emotional lives.
- Social mobility and wellbeing following disability acquisition in working age adults
This project looks at the impact that the acquisition of a disability in adulthood has on subsequent socio-economic circumstances (employment, housing, education, income, social capital, wealth) and wellbeing.
- Smoking behaviours among people with intellectual disability
Understanding the factors influencing smoking behaviours among people with an intellectual disability in order to facilitate the design of more effective and appropriate policy responses to tobacco control health promotion initiatives.
- Neighbourhood characteristics and inequalities in physical function
How neighbourhood design characteristics contribute to inequalities in physical function by mapping data sets to imagery from Google Maps and Google Street View.
- Making Melbourne inclusive
We are identifying ways in which the City of Melbourne can be more inclusive for people with disability.
- Neighbourhood design and disability: a policy review
A national review of neighbourhood design policies related to disability, mobility and accessibility in Australia.
- Choice, Control and the NDIS
This project explored the degree to which the NDIS is achieving its aims and objectives from the perspective of people with disability using these services.