Accessible Information on COVID-19
Below are some accessible links to coronavirus information (COVID-19) for people with disability.
- What is Coronavirus? Read here
Download the easy English version (pdf)
- Easy english guide to Coronavirus Read here and here
- What we (the NDIS) are doing to help stop Coronavirus from spreading
Download pdf version / Word document (text only)
- NDIS and Disaster Response Read here
- How to wash your hands Read here
- The latest information is available from the Department of Health, including in community languages. They also have an FAQ and a factsheet for care workers.
- The NDIA has published frequently asked questions and Easy Read information for NDIS participants. The NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission has published advice for providers.
- Every Australian Counts also has some information from the NDIS and the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
- Council for Intellectual Disability has an Easy Read guide about avoiding viruses.
- NACCHO have released some health messages on their website for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- EthnoLink have put together a library of multi-lingual resources together, with information in 18 languages so far and more to come. NDIS now have translated versions of information about coronavirus in five different languages.
- PWDA have a website with excellent and up to date information over here
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) is also publishing daily updates on COVID-19 on their website. You can visit the WHO COVID-19 for daily updates.
- There is a Coronavirus Hotline (24 hours a day, seven days a week) for NDIS participants: 1800 020 080 and a Community Line: 1800 675 398